From The Haunting of Hill House creator Mike Flanagan, MIDNIGHT MASS tells the tale of a small, isolated island community whose existing divisions are amplified by the return of a disgraced young man (Zach Gilford) and the arrival of a charismatic priest (Hamish Linklater). When Father Paul’s appearance on Crockett Island coincides with unexplained and seemingly miraculous events, a renewed religious fervor takes hold of the community - but do these miracles come at a price?
Created and directed by Flanagan, the seven episode limited series also stars Kate Siegel, Rahul Abburi, Crystal Balint, Matt Biedel, Alex Essoe, Annarah Cymone, Annabeth Gish, Rahul Kohli, Kristin Lehman, Robert Longstreet, Igby Rigney, Samantha Sloyan, Henry Thomas, and Michael Trucco. The series is executive produced by Flanagan and Trevor Macy for Intrepid Pictures.
- Zach Gilford as Riley Flynn
- Kate Siegel as Erin Greene
- Hamish Linklater as Father Paul
- Annabeth Gish as Dr. Sarah Gunning
- Michael Trucco as Wade Scarborough
- Samantha Sloyan as Bev Keane
- Henry Thomas as Ed Flynn
- Rahul Abburi as Ali Hassan
- Crystal Balint as Dolly Scarborough
- Matt Biedel as Sturge
- Alex Essoe as Mildred Gunning
- Rahul Kohli as Sheriff Hassan
- Kristin Lehman as Annie Flynn
- Robert Longstreet as Joe Collie
- Igby Rigney as Warren Flynn
- Annarah Shephard as Leeza Scarborough
- Louis Moffat as Ooker
|1||"Book I: Genesis"||Mike Flanagan||Mike Flanagan||September 24, 2021|
|Riley Flynn returns home to family dysfunction, familiar faces and a new priest at St. Patrick's. Elsewhere on the island, a dark storm is brewing.|
|2||"Book II: Psalms"||Mike Flanagan, James Flanagan & Elan Gale||Mike Flanagan||September 24, 2021|
|An unsettling omen washes ashore in the wake of the storm. Later, when the locals gather for a potluck, tragedy strikes — and a miracle occurs.|
|3||"Book III: Proverbs"||Mike Flanagan & James Flanagan||Mike Flanagan||September 24, 2021|
|Miraculous times leave residents stunned as Leeza pays Joe an important visit. A shocking confession reveals what really happened to Monsignor Pruitt.|
|4||"Book IV: Lamentations"||Mike Flanagan & Dani Parker||Mike Flanagan||September 24, 2021|
|Erin turns to Riley after receiving upsetting news. Father Paul starts experiencing disturbing side effects. Bev makes a startling discovery.|
|5||"Book V: Gospel"||Mike Flanagan & James Flanagan||Mike Flanagan||September 24, 2021|
|Sheriff Hassan fields multiple missing persons reports as the town prepares to gather for Good Friday. To protect Erin, Riley brings the truth to light|
|6||"Book VI: Acts of the Apostles"||Mike Flanagan, James Flanagan & Jeff Howard||Mike Flanagan||September 24, 2021|
|A fervent Bev calls for faith on the night of Easter vigil. Sarah reveals the results of a troubling experiment — along with a sobering hypothesis.|
|7||"Book VII: Revelation"||Mike Flanagan||Mike Flanagan||September 24, 2021|
|Night falls on Crockett Island as a tight-knit group of rebels take refuge where they can and forge a plan to control the chaos.|
- On July 1, 2019, Midnight Mass received a 7 episode series order at Netflix.
- Filming began in Vancouver in August 2020 and wrapped in December.
- Filming concluded on December 16, 2020.
- Production was initially shut down back in March due to the pandemic and lockdown.
- Netflix Orders ‘Midnight Mass’ Horror Series From ‘The Haunting Of Hill House’s Mike Flanagan & Trevor Macy - Deadline
- ‘Midnight Mass’: Zach Gilford, Kate Siegel & Hamish Linklater To Lead Cast Of Netflix Horror Series - Deadline
- ‘Midnight Mass’ Creator Mike Flanagan Reflects On “Unprecedented Production” Amid Pandemic As Netflix Series Wraps Without Single Interruption - Deadline
- Filming Wrap Up - Twitter
- Pandemic and Lockdown - Twitter